Reliable and efficient assessment management is integral to ensuring consistent and fair assessment practices at Curtin. This project will focus on improving the electronic management of assessment workflows (e.g. marking online, automated collation of results); and streamlining the current labour-intensive processes associated with Assessment Quality Panel (AQP) reporting.
In the longer term, the project will seek to move toward electronic-based examinations.
The project has completed improvements to the Assessment Quality Process. Further work will be carried out for the duration of 2016 to improve data integrity.
Improvements to the Assessment Quality Process have been implemented including improvements to the survey tool and the development of dynamic, easily accessible reports allowing assessment quality information to be reviewed at multiple levels within the institution.
Feedback has been positive, with schools reporting that AQP data is now easier to access and view, and that the process assists schools to engage in reflective teaching practices in order to continuously improve.
- Substantial improvements in the management of assessment quality with improvements to administrative processes for the Assessment Quality Process, and associated efforts to improve participation in the process at all levels with concomitant associated reductions in assessment related risks
- Deliver a solution that enables management of academic integrity risks, particularly in online tests, for the learner and at scale
- Introduction of examinations using flexible electronic methods
- Improved efficiency and effectiveness of assessment related workflows
- Support future curriculum review and enhancements through the provision of approved assessment classification information for import to the curriculum management system