Identity and Access Management
Staff want quick and easy access to applications so they can focus on the important work they need to do in a safe and secure environment.
Through introducing Single Sign On capability, the Identity and Access Management (IAM) Project will start the process towards improving the management and security of staff and student access across multiple systems within the University to enhance user experience and create a stronger, more secure environment.
Provide Single Sign On for the agreed Curtin systems in the new staff Portal; mitigate risks with legacy sign on environments and establish core single sign on capabilities for Curtin in 2017.
2015: Planning and architecture work undertaken to understand the complex Curtin environment and requirements.
2016: IAM platform and vendor identification and selection, installation of the new IAM platform in readiness for establishing the Single Sign On environment for the new staff Portal.
- A single sign-on to key Curtin systems
- Self-Service password and access request management function
- Support to HR’s target of “being ready for day one” for new staff
- Allow external parties, such as Researchers, to use their existing external login details to securely access Curtin systems and information
- Contribution to protecting Curtin’s information security and reputation
- Alignment with Curtin’s strategic plan 2013-2017 People and Culture objective to ‘engage students and staff as partners in a flexible, inspiring and technologically advanced environment’.