A key challenge at Curtin is the myriad of systems that hold important data and the manual nature of handling that data.
This project seeks to introduce a modern automated platform for integration of enterprise systems necessary for University operations. Integration automates the transfer of data thereby providing reliable, consistent and high quality information to users, leading to an enhanced experience with improved performance.
Through automation, the project aims to reduce the complexity and cost of the current IT landscape, allowing resource effort, and ultimately cost, to be redeployed to better service our customer needs.
In 2016 the project team will manage the delivery of Integration Services across all Digital Futures projects. Transition to a Managed Service Provider will commence in preparation for 2017.
2014: Identification, selection and procurement of a cloud based Enterprise Integration platform for Curtin University.
2015: Foundational work to establish an Integration architecture and governance, development and quality assurance function for the Digital Futures Program. Delivery of foundational and enterprise Integration Services for Digital Futures projects including: Digital Experience construction, CRM,
2016: Integration Service delivery for Digital Futures program for projects including Research Ethics, Digital Learning Activation, Digital Experience Construction (Elsie App), Curriculum Management and Staff Portal.
- Improved overall business decision making with access to timely, relevant, accurate and consistent business information.
- Accurate and timely information based on learning behaviours and preferences.
- Increased ability to respond quickly to business change as a result of a more loosely coupled, flexible Information systems architecture.
- Ease of information sharing across traditional IT application / system boundaries reducing the need to copy information and reducing commercial risks associated with data integrity, data duplication, performance degradation and platform costs.
- Improved timeframes for delivery of projects through reuse of component services.
- Leverage existing systems to provide a rich source of information on student preferences and behaviours.
- Automatic integration points delivered for Curtin’s core applications.